The Last Mission was added in the ION audio iCade compatible games list 😉
Wow! A new release is finally available in the AppStore: The Last Mission 1.2
It includes following features:
– 4 new playable ships with different weapons.
– Health bonus in easy level.
– Improved graphics: dynamic lights and details on level backgrounds.
– New music themes and sound effects created by Mark Braga specially for The Last Mission.
– Brand new secret level with bonus ship at the end.
– Integration with the Game Center (worldwide leader board).
– Game status is saved between app runs.
– Updated GUI with a little help on the game.
– Adjusted controls positions for iPad, iCade support (bluetooth joystics).
Now game is finally playable and fun, I am very happy with results and can continue with my other project 🙂
Meanwhile, the author of the remake, Dmitry Smagin is planning to continue development and release the new version for Windows and open-source portable systems. I’m looking forward for it.
A new version is “Waiting for review” in the AppStore! Hope it will take not too much time 😉 The changes done are dramatic!
The Last Mission new release is on the way, it will have new sound, updated graphics, new ships, and a secret level (it will be possible to play for a “normal” robot!):
I had a problem using Cisco VPN connection when I was online via USB LTE modem (that was Huawei): no access to mapped drives was possible, no Outlook connection as well. I had not found any solution in the Internet, and my system administrator solved the problem only after discussion with provider customer service.
Last week, in ICE train I met guys discussing the very same issue, so it seems quite a useful hint. Here it is:
1. Open the folder with software installed from stick (in my case it was: C:\Program Files (x86)\T-Mobile\InternetManager_H\)
2. Locate there a file named SysSetting.xml and edit it
3. Find the following part in the file: <Connect> <type>NDIS</type> and replace NDIS with DUN
4. Save the file and restart the software.
I used the same trick with T-Mobile an O2 sticks as well, worked fine. I wish you a joyful mobile surfing in corporate networks 🙂
This is how it looks now:
The Last Mission version 1.1 is available on the AppStore. Meanwhile I am experimenting with dynamic lights and random generated background. Here is the first result:
A new version of the The Last Mission is ready and is waiting for approval. It includes:
- easy game mode
- ability to post each level completion on facebook or twitter
- improved graphics, see video below:
Last week „The Last Mission“ app was published in the AppStore.
It all started from the book called „Learn cocos2d 2“ (here is the link to the authors amazon page). Very well written book with a lot of examples and hints.
Then I got an idea of the project: The Last Mission remake (so far I have not seen any game using the same game concept in the app store). After 5 minutes of browsing I found that the game is already re-implemented and it is also available with source code, here is the link to the project of Dmitry Smagin: https://github.com/dmitrysmagin/last-mission
Still, it was not ported for the iOS, so I decided to give it a try. In a day my port was completed with almost no changes of the original source code. The usage of cocos was not so havy as I wanted: every 17 milliseconds the original game engine generated an image, and the app updates the texture of the „game sprite“. Quite boring, almost nothing to implement, but it was playable and looked fun.
So I dropped a mail to Dmitry and just in few hours I had his permission to publish the game for the iOS. That was just great!
Only 2 small things left: controls and the sound.
- For controls I used the SneakyInput library. I had to modify the sources of the Joystick, because default SneakyInput D-Pad was more like a Joystick with limited number of positions, rather than a button which can be pressed from few directions. Anyway, the result is quite OK on my opinion, the D-Pad is quite intuitive and easy to use.
- The original sound implementation was not adopted to the iOS (shame on me), I just tooks some mp3s and the default cocos2d sound library did the rest of the job.
So, in a week the app was completed and submitted to the store.
And here are the sources, if you want to build a game on your own: Mission.zip
Thanks for reading!
Finally, Logster is released: http://logster.tatalata.com. It was not so easy first time, and it took muuuch more time then I expected, but I am very happy with the result. Its is a nice tiny application which can be quite useful.
The app is written completely in Objective-C (no ARC), CoreData is used for data storage, no storyboard was used this time. Logster is localized in 3 languages – English, German and Russian. I also spent quite a time to create nice looking website (using WordPress), in-app description and localization. As a result, Apple verified my app only in 4 days, so it was a very nice New Year present for me 🙂
If you have an iOS device, check Logster, its free!